How it works
It is free to sign-up and use Yakki. Our base user plan is free and will always be free. Use email or facebook to sign-up. Once signed-up, validate your account and then update your profile
Please give a short description about yourself, your passions, your adventures, your achievements. Include a profile picture about yourself. It is also recommended to use your real name. This will help users have a clear understanding of who you are and what you love about discovering the world. Complete your payment details to enable bookings. *
We support two user types within our community, i.e. guests and hosts. Guests are travellers, adventurers and explorers who want to experience the outdoors in a new way. Hosts are passionate guides, outdoor professionals and local experts who love sharing their knowledge with guests by planning and leading experiences. You can be both or just one of them. When you sign-up to Yakki you can immediately start searching and booking your next experience. If you would like to host your own activity, head over to Become a host where we explain what it means to be a host with Yakki.
All experiences are designed and led by passionate guides, outdoor professionals and local experts. Yakki ensures the quality of every experience, so you can relax and focus on discovering the world. The price is considered per experience and group size.
The "certified professional" badge is an additional recognition for the experiences hosted by a certified or diplomated host. Our team will check the validity of every document uploaded before assigning it.
Yakki provides you with powerful search capabilities to find your next outdoor experience. You can search by location and activity, then filter the results with keywords and parameters.
You can book your desired experience directly on Yakki. Choose your experience, select the period and make the booking. A chat system allows you to interact with the host. Host accepts your booking and money is charged.
You can pay using your Paypal account, any credit/debit card or your bank account. Hosts can take payments for their services, by setting up a bank account or Paypal business account in the payments section of their profile. All transactions are done between guest and host, without intermediation.
We do not offer refunds for cancellations. However, you can reschedule your booking or pass it to a friend.
After activities are completed, both parties are encouraged to provide feedback for each other. This is available publicly on the site in user profiles, which helps users build their reputation and trust. Either positive or negative, be fair with your comments and be constructive to the community.
We send you a weekly newsletter with the latest updates and goings on within Yakki. You can control your newsletter and other notification settings here.
Become a host
To become a Yakki host and start sharing your passion with the world, contact us for verification. We will check your profile and the requested documents, before enabling your account.
For the "certified professional" badge, make sure to send us your certificates and diplomas.
Next, you can start posting your experiences in order to become visible to the Yakki community and the world. Make them unique to attract more customers. Remember that you can post up to three experiences per category. Our team will check every listing and improve it for you. *
- Click on the + New listing button
- Choose the category (if "others", contact us for approval before)
- Describe an experience, possibly in English
- The price is per experience and group size (NOT per person)
- You can allow additional guests and charge them on place
- Fill out with detailed information
- Set your working place on the map
- Add photos to make it unique
- Manage each listing's availability
- White slot = free = customers can book you
- Grey slot = closed = customers can not book you
- Customers can only book free slots
- You can accept or reject any booking
- Booked slots will be automatically closed
- Guests pay through the platform
- Once a booking is accepted, money is transferred to you
- Activate payments in your profile settings
- Use bank account or Paypal (enable Paypal business first)
Edit listing and availability
- Move to your profile
- Select the listing you want to edit
- Click on "Edit listing" to update any information
- Click on "Edit listing availability" to update your availability
- Select the listing you want to close
- Click on "Close listing"